Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Design For Art

I was given four themes to choose from:

  • Design for music
  • Design for art
  • Design for Social Awareness
  • Design for Corporate Identitly

I chose ‘Design For Art’. Art could either be visual or performing arts form, especially painting, drawing, sculpture, dance, theatre, architecture and printmaking. My hypothesis is paintings by Malaysian artist are less abstract but more of reality type. In realistic painting, the artist tries to represent person, scenes, things and facts as they are. Abstract artworks are generally non-representational that is artworks where the artist is free to paint the object, image or scene as he seen it.

I want to narrow down my research on canvas and art paper as art Questions would help me with my research are...

The writer argues that paintings by Malaysian artists are less abstract but more reality type paintings. Discussion of this essay will take the form of the following:

  1. Abstract or contemporary, which does it mean?
  2. History of Malaysian paintings.
  3. Malaysian artists: abstract and reality
  4. What are being taught in Art schools?
  5. Conclusion: Malaysian artists prefer to produce reality paintings.

I will do both primary research as well as secondary research..

No comments: