Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Gallaudet University, USA


Last year, I had the opportunity to meet Julie Fisher, a student from USA. My friends, Mazkuri Ong and Lim Anuar, brought Julie to LUCT and introduced Julie to me. I asked her many questions, e.g. her studies in Gallaudet University, her tutors, interpreters , deaf clubs and the American Sign Language (ASL) classes. It was interesting to know that many of the faculty and stuff members are able to sign. Julie says that she does not face many problems with her studies as there are many good interpreters to help out. Classes are conducted with both hearing and deaf students studying together. This really inspires me. If I were given a chance to continue my studies, I would choose Gallaudet University as I am really impressed with the facilities and the opportunities available for hearing-impaired people like me

Reference:

No comments: